Although our products are tested extensively in clinical trials
before they are authorised, not everything is known about their side
effects until they have been used by many people over time.
Novo Nordisk routinely monitors the safety of all our products. By
reporting complaints and side effects, you are giving us important
feedback which will ultimately help us take appropriate actions and to
provide better instructions for how to use our products.
What information to provide
When reporting complaints or side effects please provide the
following information if possible:
- Name of product (brand name)?
- What disease is the
product used for?
- How do you take the product (dose, how
- What is the product batch number?
- If it
concerns a product fault: Which product part and product function is
affected? How did the fault occur? Is a sample available?
Side effect details
- Description of the suspected side effect including whether you
have recovered from the event
- When did the side effect
- Are you experiencing other medical conditions?
- Age, date of birth or age group (e.g. child,
adolescent, adult, elderly)
- Country of residence
All personal information reported in relation to a complaint or a
side effect will be processed in accordance with applicable data
- Your report is used solely for the scientific evaluation of
the medicine and product quality
- Side effects are filed in
our global safety database and the data is regularly analysed for
- Novo Nordisk may share reported complaints
and side effects with health authorities as mandated by law.
However, no personally identifiable details will be shared
- Novo Nordisk will retain the data as long as required by